[Xastir] Configure timing Posit

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 15:56:45 EDT 2010

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010, LA5PPA / Lasse wrote:

> Hi, in the configure timing menu there is a setting for posit tx interval.
>
> From what I can see on my clean 2.0.1 installation it's default to 30
> minutes. I have tried to move it to 60 minutes but it stil send beacon every
> 30 minutes.

*) Make sure that SmartBeaconing is OFF

*) "File->Configure->Timing" set it to 60 minutes.

*) Exit Xastir, which writes the settings to disk, or you can
    "File->Configure->Save Config Now!"

*) Start up Xastir.

Let us know if it works properly for you, else we'll have to look
into the code to figure out why.

The timings may have already set for the next transmit at the point
you changed it to 60 minutes, so it broadcast again 30 minutes after
the previous one.  The next transmit may have been 60 mins out.

You might have to stop/restart Xastir to get it to use the new
setting in that particular case.  In the above instructions I just
had you restart anyway as that's the most sure.