[Xastir] TNC setup problem

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Apr 5 11:25:24 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 11:12:34AM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <k8jwt at comcast.net> flavor, containing:
> Thanks go out to you, Curt, and Tom for responding back.
>
> I think it is that the TNC can not read the data as fast as the computer is
> sending it so I rolled back the Abaud rate to 300baud. May seem slow but
> this isn't life or death here so a extra second won't kill anyone.

Interesting.  What baud had you been using?  I am pretty sure that back in
the days when I used this TNC I was able to use at least 1200 or 4800 baud.

300 is even slower than the TNC is transmitting the data, and seems slower
than necessary.

> Working fine so far since the change.

Interesting, too.  Perhaps the KPC-2 accepts both "K" and "conv" after all.

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."