[Xastir] .geo file problem?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:08:54 EDT 2011

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> I've generated a .geo file for a map.  It seems to work if I'm zoomed
> so that the whole map, or an edge, is in view, but once I zoom in so
> that I'm in the middle of the map it goes away.  "Auto maps" is off,
> map properties zoom level min and max are both "-", no other raster
> maps are covering it.  xastir is v1.9.9.

> Any clues as to what I'm missing?

*) My first guess is that you might have used the UI-View method of specifying lat/long in your files rather than what Xastir uses.  The UI-View method used in INF files is a bit odd.

*) Best for tie-points is to use diagonal corners of the image.  Xastir will translate other tie-points over to map corners for its use, but you need at least _some_ differences in both lat and long between the specified points.  The larger the difference (closer to the corners), the more exact the positioning will be when all's said and done.

I haven't had a chance to look at or try your files yet, sorry.  If no resolution by tonight I can look at it further.

My thoughts are that for some reason Xastir thinks the either the lat's or the long's are reversed from normal:  As you cross one of the boundaries it thinks the map doesn't fit the view anymore.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
Additional pages:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u