[Xastir] Soundmodem Q

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 09:04:53 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I know this is not the 'soundmodem' list, but I do intend to use it with
Xastir.

My question is this: is it possible to set up a soundmodem configuration with
two channels on the same device?  i.e. if I have an ALSA device 'plughw:1,0'
can I have, say, /dev/soundmodem0 on the left channel and /dev/soundmodem1 on
the right?  I can see a setting to allow *input* to left or right, but not
output.

I am sure I read about this, and have hunted around for it, but I think it
might be wishful thinking on my part, rather than such a feature actually
existing.

Maybe it's not possible.

The reason for asking is I am hacking a USB audio dongle to connect to a
radio, and I wonder if I can run two radios on the same unit (one on the
left, one on the right) at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

73,

Andrew