[Xastir] Kenwood TS-2000 startup/stop interface files...

Rick Bolen (HM) rickbol at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 6 10:31:52 EDT 2011

Hello,

One question, one issue:

Q1: Is there a xastir irc channel? (no flames please;).

Issue:

I'm now having a problem with the tnx-startup\stop files I've been
successfully using with Xastir v1.9.2 on Debian Lenny.

I've upgraded one netbook to Debian Wheezy and installed Xastir v2.0.0.
Now when the tnc-startup.ts2k loads, I see "unicode" chars printed in
the console I started xastir from, and the "View->Incoming Data" window
may or may not display all\some of the command conversation with the
TS2K. No data flows from the tnc (or only the first received packet).

The commands appear to control the TS2K properly - Frequency selection,
packet mode change etc. They appear to complete.

With UIView and earlier Xastir versions, the TS2K control commands
required a ";" terminator. My tnc-startup file still includes these, but
I'm wondering what may have changed in newer Xastir versions to wedge
the comm io?

I've attached a copy of the tnc-startup.ts2k for review\test.

Any suggestions?

Rick Bolen
kg4ofo