[Xastir] Soundmodem?

Joe Bennett aprs at ka3nam.com
Wed Aug 31 07:45:37 EDT 2011

Yes sir! Its a catch 22 for me... If I configure Soundmodem to have a
modulator (exact same configuration as the demodulator) then it will not
show the decoded packets using the modem diagnostic tool (DCD will blink
though)... If I turn off the modulator, the modem diagnostic tool works
great (receive only mode)! If I try to run Soundmodem outside of the
diagnostic tool (no modulator) I get this:

joe at lenovo-desktop:~$ sudo soundmodem
sm[7818]: Modulator "Off" unknown

Then it quits... So, KISS or ax25, it looks like I have issues to solve
before I can even get there... :)

BTW running Ubuntu 10.04 and Soundmodem 0.13 with a SoundBlaster USB sound
card...

-Joe
KA3NAM