[Xastir] Soundmodem?

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Wed Aug 31 19:05:29 EDT 2011

On 8/31/2011 11:00 AM, xastir-request at lists.xastir.org wrote:
> Yes sir! Its a catch 22 for me... If I configure Soundmodem to have a
> modulator (exact same configuration as the demodulator) then it will not
> show the decoded packets using the modem diagnostic tool (DCD will blink
> though)... If I turn off the modulator, the modem diagnostic tool works
> great (receive only mode)! If I try to run Soundmodem outside of the
> diagnostic tool (no modulator) I get this:
>
> joe at lenovo-desktop:~$ sudo soundmodem
> sm[7818]: Modulator "Off" unknown
>
> Then it quits... So, KISS or ax25, it looks like I have issues to solve
> before I can even get there...:)
>
> BTW running Ubuntu 10.04 and Soundmodem 0.13 with a SoundBlaster USB sound
> card...

You may want to use the latest soundmodem 0.16 which has been fixed for
"some" of the USB soundmodems.  I too have receive working with a USB
sound card, but can't seem to get the transmit to output any sound to
activate the VOX-PTT circuit I built.  I have not used the internal
sound card (HP TC1100 Tablet PC).  I'm away from home for a couple of
weeks otherwise I'd have more details.  I also am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

73 - Dale.  KG5LT