[Xastir] OSX Build - long

John Ronan jpronans at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 04:54:26 EST 2011

On 14 Dec 2011, at 23:46, Tom Russo wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 04:45:19PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
>> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:49:56PM +0000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jpronans at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Curt (WE7U) talked me into trying to build xastir (from cvs) on OSX Lion (10.7.2)  this evening. I should not have listened ;)
>>
>> :)
>>
>>> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _XftDrawCreate
>>>  Referenced from: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.4.dylib
>>>  Expected in: flat namespace
>>>
>>> dyld: Symbol not found: _XftDrawCreate
>>>  Referenced from: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.4.dylib
>>>  Expected in: flat namespace
>>

>> Well, sounds like Motif is depending on the X FreeType library, and somehow
>> that's not getting picked up as a dependency and linked.  Maybe try forcing
>> "-lXft" into the link line?

That makes sense alright, It had gone too late last night when I saw that for me to think about it much.

I'll specify it's location in ./configure later on and try again. I suspect I'll be moving to LessTif as well somehow.
> http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics/tech-talk/2010/msg01199.php
For some reason that doesn't open here, so you'll have to enlighten me.

Cheers
John
EI7IG