[Xastir] SVN info (not needed or even useful yet for the Xastir project)

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Thu Feb 3 21:07:12 EST 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 5:57 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Chip G. wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the info. I notice there is a program/technology/script available for converting a repository from CVS to SVN. Is this something we should pursue ourselves or do we (or should we) wait for SourceForge to drive things? (Attempting to learn here, not be a pest, will shutup upon command.)
>
> If SF deprecates CVS on their system then they just switch us over.  If we decide we want to switch to SVN (or GIT) before then, we ask them and it is done.

I've been playing with Mercurial for a while after doing both SVN and CVS.  I'm actually, in theory, kinda fond of the distributed model of Git/Mercurial.  If there is a forced change, I would suggest that it may be prudent for the project to move to one of the distributed source management systems like Git or Mercurial.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com