[Xastir] CVS back open, problem compiling latest 2.0.0 today

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 20:46:00 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:37 AM, David Flood <davidf4 at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> Here's an explanation of that error that Tom Russo posted last December:
>
> Check your *Magick install.  It must have a QuantumDepth of something other
> than 8 or 16, and Xastir won't work properly if so.  Apparently some
> installs of ImageMagick can have 32 or 64-bit quanta.  GraphicsMagick
> defaults to 8-bit now, perhaps ImageMagick went to 32 or 64 as default.
>
> It'll be in either magick-config.h (for ImageMagick) or magick_config.h for
> GraphicsMagick).

I have a netbook with Ubuntu 10.10 installed from CVS a few months ago -
just checked, and I had more or less randomly installed graphicsmagick, and
I didn't have any problems compiling Xastir.

Moving on to a Lubuntu 10.10 virtual machine that was used recently to try
out a Xastir deb package.  I installed libmagickcore-dev, which resulted in
the magick-config.h file being installed under
usr/include/ImageMagick/magick.

Here's what the quantum depth related portion of the file looks like:

/* Number of bits in a pixel Quantum (8/16/32/64) */
#ifndef MAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH
#define MAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH 16
#endif

I haven't tried building the latest CVS code in Lubuntu, but it doesn't look
like there is a quantum depth issue with imagemagick.

Regards,
Lee