[Xastir] Digipeater

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Mon Feb 21 07:15:26 EST 2011

On Feb 21, 2011, at 2:28 AM, VK4TTT (Samantha) wrote:

> Guys
>
> We are putting a linix box (ubuntu server) at our repeater hut for aprs.
> We have got an internet connection there, as well as a rf link to an igate (me)
>
> I am looking for a sample config for a digipeater  and a digipeater that will also ack as a igate

I use a program called aprx for the digipeater and igate on my setup.  It's small and fairly simple to configure up (although Curt is possibly finding some bugs with it).  It's available at:

http://wiki.ham.fi/Aprx.en

There are plenty of examples in the documentation.

I have my own personal biases, and I love Xastir, but I also believe in using the right tool for the job.  For a machine that's stuck up in a repeater shack that nobody's going to be looking at, it makes little sense to run a full mapping program like Xastir.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com