[Xastir] Help

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 20:47:24 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yet another thing I should mention:  Xastir-1.9.4 is VERY old.  Consider
> upgrading to 2.0.0.  http://www.xastir.org has Wiki pages specific to
> Ubuntu that should help you with this.  Look under the "Installation Notes"
> heading, then find your specific version of Ubuntu.

For the less experienced Linux user, there's a binary package available for
Xastir 2.01 that works in Ubuntu 10.10.  See
http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Ubuntu_10.10-binary.

One convenient thing about installing the new binary is that it installs
things in the same place as the old 1.94 binary, so there's no issue with
config files pointing to the old location.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT