[Xastir] install question

Rob Neece kk4r at cox.net
Sun Jan 2 12:54:17 EST 2011

Thanks again, Curt.  I started this update before i saw your second
message, so that info is not below.  I will try again to get the latest
version, and the gcc problems still seem to be a sticking point (see below).

Rob

Update -- the gcc problem was nagging me, so I reinstalled it.  Possibly
there was a problem with dependencies that got resolved, but gcc is now
at /usr/bin/gcc.  The results of ./configure are now different:

[rtn at hawk xastir]$ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk

Configuring xastir 1.9.9

checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.

Excerpt from config.log:

Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.2 (Debian 4.3.2-1.1)
configure:2747: $? = 0
configure:2754: gcc -V >&5
gcc: '-V' option must have argument
configure:2757: $? = 1
configure:2780: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2807: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:2810: $? = 1
configure:2848: result:
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "xastir"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "xastir"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "1.9.9"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "xastir 1.9.9"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "xastir at xastir.org"
| #define PACKAGE "xastir"
| #define VERSION "1.9.9"
| #define XASTIR_TOCALL "APX199"
| #define _GNU_SOURCE 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:2855: error: C compiler cannot create executables