[Xastir] New User

Hank Lambert hank at hanklambert.com
Mon Jan 10 19:20:25 EST 2011

Yes, I installed Linux Mint 10.

73,

Hank Lambert
KB4MTO/TA5ZC
hank at hanklambert.com
kb4mto at winlink.org
www.hanklambert.com
PGP Key: 0x96D33D71

-----Original Message-----
From: xastir-bounces at lists.xastir.org
[mailto:xastir-bounces at lists.xastir.org] On Behalf Of Lee Bengston
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 5:08 PM
To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion
Subject: Re: [Xastir] New User

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Steve Rogers <kd5mkv at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I believe Linux Mint 10 isadora is based on Ubuntu 10.4. I successfully
CVS with Xastir how to Ubuntu 10.4. The new Linux Mint Debian is a new
version unrelated to Ubuntu!
> Steve kd5mkv

Isadora is Linux Mint 9.  Hank said he installed Linux Mint 10
(Julia), which should be based on Ubuntu 10.10.  I don't think the
Xastir installation notes have been updated yet to include Ubuntu
10.10, but the 10.04 instructions should be pretty close.

Peter G. recently created a new build script for 10.10, so he probably
has a handle on which dependent package(s) is/are different in 10.10
vs. 10.04.  I'm traveling now and don't have time to do a stare and
compare between the scripts.  I have built xastir on my netbook
running Ubuntu 10.10 NBR, and I think one perhaps 2 packages were
different, but I failed to make a note of them at the time.

It is correct that Linux Mint Debian is a different distribution that
is not based on Ubuntu, which is why it has it's own installation
instructions in the Xastir wiki.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT