[Xastir] Update to No install

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:17:38 EST 2011

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Murry B wrote:

> I have removed all I had done previously, and tried again with the PCLinuxOS
> How-to
> As you can see below, the packages are already installed, but I am curious
> about the
> error that is showing. I think it was there the first time, but I just
> ignored it
> [root at localhost murry]# apt-get install automake cvs liblesstif-devel

> Committing changes...
> error: failed to stat /home/murry/.gvfs: Permission denied

I haven't used that OS, and have no idea what .gvfs is.  It's not something used by Xastir directly.  It must be used by apt-get or one of the packages that you just tried to install.  I'd do an "ls -al" in your home directory to see what the permissions and ownership are on that file or directory.  Perhaps "root" owns it or the permissions there got whacked.