[Xastir] NOOOBIE with Questions

Philip Welch welch at westelcom.com
Sun Jan 16 19:29:10 EST 2011

On 1/16/2011 12:39 PM, kb8uih at charter.net wrote:

> Hello,
> A friend got me started with Linux(Fedora 14).  I am wanting to learn
> about it for a project for this spring.  Now in addition I want to use
> XASTIR and need to know the tricks to manipulate the tar.gz files to
> get the program up and running.  I am not sure how to access the
> pieces of the puzzle.  I am a Microsuck PC guy familiar with APRS and
> now have to learn the intricacies of XASTIR.
>
> Thanks for any advice the list can give.
>
> 73,
> Chris
> KB8UIH
>
> "I reject your reality and substitute my own."
I too am in a similar situation. I have installed Ubutu 10.10 on my net
book and want to run Xastir. I have been watching a number of threads
during the past couple of weeks. However, I find the wiki install
program confusing and certinslly beyond my computing ability. I will be
following this thread closely. One thing about ham radio, always an
opportunity to grow and learn.
Philip Welch KC2PTN