[Xastir] (no subject)

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 01:05:41 EST 2011

Hmm, ok playing with the full CVS version under Cygwin and now I can't connect to any APRS-IS server.  I was connecting to rotate.aprs2.net but I now get "looking up hostname 1" after it does a lookup on rotate.aprs2.net and then the interface bombs out.  I get a timeout or a hard fail each time.  Network connections are fine (e.g. I downloaded Xastir via CVS from inside cygwin just fine and things like wget work) but Xastir is not happy with something though I can't tell what.  Online maps including the OSM maps worked (slowly but they worked).