[Xastir] Help with TH-D72

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at cih.uib.no
Tue Jan 18 04:08:10 EST 2011

On 01/18/2011 05:42 AM, Harry Bloomberg wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Alex Carver<kf4lvz at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>

>> If they implemented the same thing as they did in the D7 and D700 then yes,
>> you should see whatever you configured for GPSHEAD show up in the data
>> stream coming from the main serial port for the TNC.
>>

>> Finally got a chance to plug the TH-D72 into minicom.  I went through the
> commands in the THD-7 init file and alas, I'm not seeing any GPS data on my
> minicom output.  I even tried changing "LOC E 0" to "LOC E 1" to see if I
> could force GPS data every 10 sec but still nothing.  And yes, the iGPS
> symbol is flashing on the display and when I go into the POS display I see
> lat and long and multiple satellites.
>
> So, any ideas as to what to try next?  It it possible that I'm missing some
> configuration in either the GPS or APRS menus?

If you turn off the TNC and APRS mode you are receiving the GPS data.
Nothing on the serialport when monitoring the USB.

So maybe you have to momentarily disable the tnc to read the position.

I also tested the LOC E 1 but maybe there are another command to start
the feed when in TNC mode.

Kai Günter
LA3QMA