[Xastir] Weather Object testing

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Jan 19 17:45:25 EST 2011

Greetings xastir users & developers,

I'm working on adding initial weather packet formatting to APRSISCE/32
and was wondering if xastir supports Weather Objects as opposed to
actual weather stations.  I'm currently beaconing a TEST-WX object from
KJ4ERJ-AP on APRS-IS every 10 minutes.  If someone wouldn't mind adding
a b/KJ4ERJ* to their filter and waiting 10 minutes to see if the object
shows up (in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean) and let me know if xastir
handles parsing the weather data out of it, I'd appreciate it.

PS.  http://tinyurl.com/4sxkg4o shows my interpretation of the weather
data.  I've included comment text beyond the APRS software/WX unit
designator that I'm not sure is actually valid, but at least aprs.fi
doesn't seem to mind.
http://aprs.fi/?call=TEST-WX&mt=roadmap&z=11&timerange=3600