[Xastir] soundmodem vs agwpacket engine

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 22:58:37 EST 2011

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011, Robert Rogers wrote:

> In the past I've ran the agwpacket engine. One of the features I liked
> was the ability to run each audio channel as a separate modem. Does
> the ax25 soundmodem have the same capability? The how-to didn't
> specify if it's works each channel separately or not.

I've seen that question asked before elsewhere, but don't remember any positive replies to it.  I just went hunting and found the ax25 wiki's soundmodem page and it didn't answer the question either.

I did find this though:

     http://www.ei7ig.org/sat.html

Which shows the left channel being used to decode 1200 and 9600 at the same time.  I knew it could do that, but it's nice to see a working config for it on the web.  Examples are always good.