[Xastir] Heads up - Xastir CVS is probably down

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Jan 30 00:55:41 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 05:11:47PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <davidf4 at mindspring.com> flavor, containing:
> Sourceforge was partially compromised.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/sourceforge/

From: https://sourceforge.net/blog/sourceforge-attack-full-report/
-----------
CVS

CVS service is one of SourceForge.net's oldest services and, due to limitations in CVS itself, cannot readily live on our scalable network storage solution. Validation of this data is going to require several days and we anticipate that this service will be restored sometime in the later part of week.

We are also considering the end-of-life of the CVS service and hope to have user support in migrating CVS users to Subversion in coming months. Subversion generally provides parity to CVS commands, and many of our users have made this transition successfully in the past.

>From SVN, projects can move to Git if desired.
---------

At best, we're looking at a few days more of downtime.

But it's looking like we'll be having to adjust to using a different CM tool
pretty soon.

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."