[Xastir] "IGate" -> BLN to RF

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:02:53 EST 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011, LA5PPA / Lasse wrote:

> Hi, is it possible to get Xastir (in IGate mode) to send out BLN, QST
> messages to RF ?
>
> It works fine sending out messages to stations but when I try to send a BLN
> message from another station it is not sent out on RF on my IGate.

Check out the ~/.xastir/data/nws-stations.txt file to see if that might accomplish what you're after.

Xastir uses that file to check the "FROM" field of each packet to decide whether to gate them to RF.  It was set up to gate National Weather Service (NWS) weather alerts to RF, but may be useful for what you're trying to do.  Assuming you know where the bulletins might originate from of course.

One or more of the text files that come with Xastir talk about that file, so do a grep (search) for "nws-stations" through those files and you'll find it.  Looks like README is the one that talks about it.  xastir/help/help-English.dat also talks about it.