[Xastir] Heads up - Xastir CVS is probably down

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 14:15:56 EST 2011

> Trend in the industry seems to be that GIT is even yet better then
> SVN.  It would probably be good to jump ahead...
>
> Bill

I use git to manage my local fork of Xastir, as well as all my code
for work. I'd like to see Xastir move to git, but only because I'm not
proficient with any other SCM :)   I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable
making commits directly to the server, as opposed to locally then
pushing as you do with git. The 10% of times I mess up a commit
(either forgetting to include a file, or a typo in the commit message)
would add to a lot of sloppy commits left on the server. I assume this
would be a problem with svn, but I'll leave that evaluation to those
with experience. If I were you, I probably wouldn't give me commit
access ;)  I like the way git handles emailed patches, too.

Tom KD7LXL