[Xastir] Config file for TM-D710A config script?

Jarett DeAngelis jdeangelis at alumni.nd.edu
Sun Jul 3 19:52:47 EDT 2011

Wow.  I can't say enough how useful this explanation is.  I'm a computer
engineer and you explaining this in terms of OSI is VERY helpful :)

Okay!  So EVERYTHING "speaks" KISS on some level... including things like
PSK-31, Olivia and RTTY?

I think I am going to start making a table of what protocols and
applications work on which OSI layers.  APRS is obviously layer 7 (maybe 6
if you want to get really technical about it)... AX.25 seems like it might
be a mix of layers 2 and 3.

I'm doing digital two ways: one, with my Kenwood TM-D710 (I don't
particularly care how I get this done with the exception that I like the
AX.25 network interface way of doing it, but I don't know how to treat this
radio like an AX.25 interface), and the other with a laptop running
soundmodem and my Wouxun KG-UVD1P HT.  I've actually gotten soundmodem
working before in AX.25 network interface mode, the only problem being that
I had a bear of a time getting the stupid thing to trip PTT.  I think I've
finally solved that issue with a circuit board I built.  We shall see this
evening.

Eventually I'd like to be able to run all digital modes on both rigs.  One
thing at a time, though :)