[Xastir] Xastir and the TH-D72 on OSX Mac

Kai Günter Brandt kai.brandt at cih.uib.no
Tue Jul 5 14:22:02 EDT 2011

On 07/05/2011 05:51 PM, Keith Kaiser wrote:
> After reading the various posts and all the threads that went with them, a definitive answer seems allusive on how to successfully connect Xastir to a D72 running Mac OSx.
>
> For example does the radio need to have the PC output option set? If so where in just the GPS mode or in the APRS mode or is it both?

Depends on what you want to do.

For regular APRS usage with xastir you only have to use the TNC.
The PC output is for logging/monitoring or connect special software in
receive only. This could be OFF.

> Also, I modified the D7 script for the D72 as suggested on the list but I've seen at least one modification maybe more to the example. Can someone publish or at least send me what they got working?

The latest i posted on this group regarding the TM-D710 should work.
Even the TH-D7 config should work if you remove the TH-D7 sepsific commands.
I can post my d72 script later to night.

--
Kai Günter Brandt
LA3QMA