[Xastir] Xastir and the TH-D72 on OSX Mac

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 14:29:23 EDT 2011

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

> When receiving GPS data within the APRS input stream from a radio, do you
> know if you expect it to be wrapped in an APRS-looking packet header (like
> MYCALL>GPS:$GPRMC) or just a raw NMEA sentence ($GPRMC,....*xx)?  The
> difference is the setting of LTMHEAD on the radio's TNC when enabling LTMON.

If I remember correctly it's looking for the NMEA headers, no APRS headers for GPS data.

The "Serial TNC w/GPS on AUX Port" interface was designed for the KPC-3+ TNC and Paccom PicoPacket TNC's which can send a GPS string down when you send it a Control-E character.  As I recall they send only the captured GPS string, so it starts with "$GP".

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
U.S. Weather Alerts:  Firenet.us, port 14580, filter "t/n e/WE7U-WX"