[Xastir] ax25 question

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 18:09:42 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also:  Do you have a real hardware serial port that you can at least
> temporarily use instead of the USB adapter, or a different brand of
> USB->Serial adapter to try?

No real serial port on the Acer "Nettop" PC, but I can try a different
usb to serial adapter.  Unfortunatey it's a Prolific based adapter
(current one in use is a Keyspan).

One other thing I'm going to try when I get time.  I'm running a
binary version of Xastir that I built on May 30th from CVS.  The
binary itself was built on a different platform, i.e. different
kernel.  I'm thinking I may need to build Xastir with ax25 support on
the same machine and OS that I run it on.  The binary is working fine
in other respects - usb serial port, maps, etc, but maybe there's a
mismatch somewhere with ax25.

Lee - K5DAT