[Xastir] ax25 question

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:40:04 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Steve Rogers <kd5mkv at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I had ax25tnc working, but found I pasted the wrong port /dev, still receive :
> kissattach: device /dev/ttyUSB0 already in use
> axconfig: port aprs not active
> kissparms: no AX.25 ports configured

> I am going with aprsd from repository, on Ubuntu 10.4.2. as for USB device I am using tnc-x usb port.  I must have xastir off when ./ax25.up command then my device port in xastir goes error>down. I read thru wiki carefully, what did I miss?

./ax25.up is supposed to enable/configure the ax25 interface so that
Xastir or any ax25 capable application can use it.  If you already
have Xastir running with a device port "up" that is using
/dev/ttyUSB0, then "/dev/tty/USB0 already in use" is exaclty what I
would expect to see.  You have to run the ax25up script first before
attempting to use the interface with Xastir or anything else.  Also I
woud take aprsd out of the equation and get things working wtih Xastir
first - easier to troubleshoot with 'View - Incomnig Data", etc.

Lee - K5DAT