[Xastir] Maps

WE0Z bbailey21 at att.net
Fri Jun 24 06:27:55 EDT 2011

I have not gotten experienced enough to develop my own map library so I
rely of the Internet download from Osmerander. While I see it downloads
the tiles and paints the map and I realize it takes time to download and
then it caches maps every time it downloads new tiles.

  The question I have is those tiles that have been cached where do they
go as I cannot seem to find them and also if they are stored on the disk
why does it take so long to repaint the map from the disk? Is there
something I can do. I am running dual-core 32-bit with 2GB RAM.

Bob WE0Z