[Xastir] Linux problems

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Sun Mar 13 15:30:02 EDT 2011

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I also know there are a number of
really sharp Linux folk here.

Problem:

My home station (xastir) has run on a TC-1100 for several years now.
Other than updates being applied, it has been up 24/7.  I honestly don't
remember which version of Xubuntu I was using, but the windows manager
was xfce4.  The other day I decided to upgrade to Xubuntu 9.04.  All was
well and good until I rebooted.  Now, before I even see the login box, I
see this error message:

"No Exec line in the session file: xfce4.
Running the Gnome failsafe session instead."

Because I spend most of my time in the Windows world (C# and
postgresql), it seems that what little I remember of Linux, you could
put in a thimble!  ;-)  I have looked around hoping to find a "session
file",  I assume in my login directory.  But, no luck...

Could some kind soul, point me in the right direction to correct this
problem?

Thanks,

73 - Dale.  KG5LT