[Xastir] Xastir B/T expert?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 22:30:25 EDT 2011

Ah, ok it might also need the other handshaking lines, too.

For full loopback handshaking, these would be the connections inside the shell:

RTS-CTS should be shorted (pins 7 and 8 on a DE-9 connector)
DTR-CD-DSR should also be shorted (pins 1, 4, and 6 on the DE-9)

That should give you a three wire connection with all the handshaking lines fooled.  Give that a shot and see if you get full communication with the radio.  It also might not hurt to make sure you made good contacts with pins 2,3 and 5 just in case.