[Xastir] FAA sectionals

Doug Alwine AB1GW at alwine.us
Thu Mar 24 19:31:04 EDT 2011

Hi,

After some struggle I finally have xastir working!  It works fine with
tiger maps and USGS topo maps in GEOtiff format.  It will also display
FAA sectional charts (also in geotiff) but to get things in the right
place I need to convert them from the Lambert Conical Projection to
something that xastir can use.

After compiling xastir, soundmodem, and gdal from source and struggling
to get things working so far, this seems like it ought to be fairly
easy,  but I cannot figure out how to use gdalwarp to solve my problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug