[Xastir] Online street maps

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:33:49 EDT 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, Lou Pauly N8KXM wrote:

> I have been having a problem with Online Street Maps.
> The maps disappear and then after I fool around with the zoom level they will
> return.
> I notice that Xastir will show cached map when the map returns.
> Has OSM stopped providing map images to Xastir?
> I'm running Xastir V1.9.9 and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
>
> I'm flying by the seat of my pants here and not very familiar with the
> wonders of Ubuntu.

Are you using the "tiled" versions of the OSM maps?  Ah, I see you're running v1.9.9...  Upgrade to 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 soon, as the OSM code was going through bug-fixes during the 1.9.9 timeframe.  It's hard to know whether you have the fixes or not.

Also make sure you're not zoomed out too far.  With some of the tiled OSM maps they disappear on me sometimes when I zoom out too far or pan at some zoom levels.  When I zoom in they show up again.  The one that works the best for me so far is the OSM_tiled_mapnik.geo map.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Wiki:  http://info.aprs.net/