[Xastir] Xastir on Mac and GPS

T Wegner towegn at tds.net
Thu Mar 31 14:02:49 EDT 2011

I finally managed to get Xastir up and running on my g4 powerbook, OS
X 10.5.8 via a KPC 3+ (rx only at this point, tx will have to wait)

I would next like to connect my garmin gps. I would like to do this by
connecting the gps to the second port of my usb-serial adapter.

Is there a source for info on how to do this so the GPS info is routed
to the Xastir program for display purposes and so it will also route
to the TNC (for rf tx when I start working on that).

I did read about the HSP option; I no longer remember why I decided I
didn't want to go that route, but it may have something to do with
using the laptop/GPS in a config. w/o the TNC for route navigation.

Thanks
Tom