[Xastir] Useful without TNC/tracker?

Hans Fong hansfong at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 10:14:08 EDT 2011

Wow, my first post and already a torrent of replies. But it made a lot clear, so thank you all for the time and trouble.

I had done the authentication, but my filter was still set to the default (m/500 --> what does the "m" stand for?). I thought this was fine since I couldn't find any reference on how to change it. But I did (to r/24/121/500) and now I do get some data in. I tried the other ports too, but it seems a waste of bandwidth to get all the APRS data in the world delivered to my tiny laptop.

I can't see any weather data yet and I am not sure how the refresh-rate is set (if there is any), but at least we're a step further into APRS heaven. Any more things I should know?

73 de Hans
BX2ABT / PA2BX