[Xastir] Memory leak??

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:23:21 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011, Kelly Boswell wrote:

> Several days ago I installed Ubuntu 11.10 (64-bit), then from Sourceforge downloaded/installed Xastir version 2.0.0.   After an amount of time (which varies) Xastir crashes, dumps me to a terminal screen full of /lib files.  I restart Xastir and all is well --for awhile.    Memory leak?

Unlikely.  I've had it running on OpenSuSE-11.3 64-bit for over a year with no hiccups.  You might have some flaky memory in a bank or two or they may be bugs in other libraries that Xastir links to, which end up killing the main program when they get exercised.  Been there.

> I have a screen capture I can attach if that will help.

Seeing the last 10 or 20 lines may help discover the problem, may not.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Device Capabilities:  http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_device_capabilities.html