[Xastir] Xastir + One Wire Weather (OWW)

Dana Borgman ka1wpm at arrl.net
Thu Nov 3 13:52:58 EDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-30 at 20:54 -0400, Phil - w2lie wrote:
> Dana,
> Thanks, I've already applied that hack, but it isn't sending out my
> Humidity readings at all.   The Gusts and total rain values are also not
> working properly.
>
> Any clues on how to patch OWW to make it work?  I sent a QST out on the
> 1-wire weather group, but I got nothing over there but crickets.
>
> 73
>
> www.w2lie.net
> Long Island Live Scanner Feeds and Forums

Phil,

Sorry for the delay.  I got whacked by the snowstorm on Saturday and was
without power until late last night.

I set up OWW to use the arne tcp port.  I can telnet to the localhost
and port and see what the server is sending.  I think you are using the
UDP port, in which case Wireshark might be a useful way to see what the
server is sending.  From there, we can see if the sent values are
expected or not.  If they aren't we'll move over to the OWW discussion
group and carry on from there.  If they are correct, then I would have
to defer to the powers that be on this reflector.

I'm running oww-0.82.1.

73,
-- Dana, KA1WPM