[Xastir] A good time for APRS at 9600?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Nov 11 22:37:51 EST 2011

I'd be tickled pink to put up a 9600 baud IGate over here if someone
would donate a pair of D710s, one for the IGate and one for my mobile so
I can use the new features.  Oh, and I'll need to replace my 2m copper
cactus with a dual-band antenna, no wait, I guess I'll have to ADD
another antenna on the tower because I don't want to shut down the 1200
baud support.

In my case, the issue is $$$.  1200 baud TNCs coupled to a 2m-only rig
are a much lower barrier to APRS-entry than the APRS radios you quoted.