[Xastir] Another track glitch?/feature, ongoing

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Oct 2 15:55:08 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 08:48:24AM +1300, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <dexy at ihug.co.nz> flavor, containing:
> Greetings!
>

>    Now with latest 2.0.1 via cvs, but this noticed on first try, back in
> 1.8.x days, now with Debian, but does it on Mandrake and ubuntu too:
>

>    Track a station that is NOT on screen, track draws from requested start
> time to last / current position. Good clean track.
>

>    Track a station that is ALREADY on screen.  Track draws from
> CURRENT/last? position to requested start.. a loop, messy screen!

I use track station for both off- and on-screen stations all the time and have
never seen this, and nobody has ever reported it before.  Sounds like very
strange and frustrating behavior for you.

Can you please:
   Make a few screen shots showing the exact behavior you're seeing.
   Provide precise steps to reproduce (possibly including specific callsigns
   to track).

Since I've never seen this before I might not be able to reproduce it even if
I tried.  But if you provide the precise steps you're taking I can at least
try.

 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey