[Xastir] Xastir Wiki Updates - Ubuntu 11.04

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:34:20 EDT 2011

Update - I was wrong in saying that the Berkeley db package is
different in Ubuntu 11.04.  Although libdb5.1 and libdb5.1-dev are
available for Ubuntu 11.04, 4.8 is the default, and installing the 5.1
package does not result in Xastir using it.  Compiling with the 5.1
dev package results in a mismatch and disables map caching.

The wiki was updated yesterday to reflect a change to installing
libdb4.8-dev, which eliminates the mismatch.

The above also affected the new binary (deb package), which was built
originally with libdb v5.1.  A updated binary has replaced the
original, and the wiki reflects that change as well.  If you installed
the binary dated Oct 1, you can simply install the new binary dated
Oct 2 with gdebi without removing the Oct 1 version, and the original
will be over-written without losing any settings.  That's what I did,
and the error message regarding the Berkeley mismatch is gone.

Sorry about the false start.  The error message was rather obvious, so
I'm amazed I didn't notice it on Saturday when I did the first build.

This issue affected only the Ubuntu binary - the Debian 6/Mepis 11
binary that I also posted over the weekend was not impacted.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT