[Xastir] MultiLine Footprint ISS Object

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Oct 13 11:20:10 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 08:10:43AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
> > It's moving to the right every couple of minutes.  It also seems to only
> > appear at a few zoom levels.  Zoom out too much and it disappears.  I saw it
> > first though at a much higher zoom level.  It's most likely an Xastir drawing
> > problem.
>
> I think that was because it was crossing the 180 degree boundary.  When I zoom out to world view I see it, but as I zoom in it disappears, then appears for a couple of zooms up-close.
>
> Once it's past that boundary I'll bet it displays much better.

Yes, it just crossed 180W and I see a fragmented, partial multiline right
now.  I thing we might have some issues in the processing when the multiline
straddles that longitude.  It looks very good as long as all the segments
are on one side or the other.

 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey