[Xastir] KISS, Xastir and processing data

John Wilson kc4lzn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:16:49 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 6:24 AM, Dean Groe <warpedspeed1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> John, I have been meaning to send you an E-mail regarding this, but I just
> had not made the time yet.
> I noticed the corrupted frames here locally and determined late last week
> that they were coming from your station.
> I am one of the guys involved in the daily care and feeding of the local
> W4MCO-* DigiNed Digipeaters in the Orlando area, and I also have a Xastir
> based I-Gate / Wx Station here at the house, so I was initially concerned
> that maybe one of these systems was tossing bad data out there.  That is
> what led me to start investigating what the source was of the problem was,
> and ultimately how I determined that it was coming from your station.
>
> I will try to keep an eye on things here, time permitting, and hopefully we
> will see fewer corrupted frames here locally now that Passall is off.
>

> Dean  KD4TWJ

Dean,

I have started recording the logs for both TNC and Igate. I have what was
recorded from last night to about 6:30 this morning and will be going over
them to see if the corruption is still continuing. As Tom stated, changing
the PASSALL to off should correct things. Thanks for the eyeball. I noticed
it over the weekend when the bikefest started in Mount Dora when known calls
(both calls and SSID's) were being changed. I'll send you another email
outside of the group as well.

73 John