[Xastir] KISS, Xastir and processing data

John Wilson kc4lzn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:27:03 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

> Oh, that should change plenty.  PASSALL should never be on, as it disables
> CRC checks, allowing corrupted packets to be passed from TNC to computer
> that
> should be dropped on the floor.

For retention of knowledge, I rely a lot on what I read in books. Call me
old school but love a book in hand for reference.

In regards to PASSALL should never be on...outside of the information I have
received from this thread, where is the source/setup/guidance that states
PASSALL should be off in KISS or whatever mode one may be operating?

73 John