[Xastir] TNC setup problem

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 22:01:52 EDT 2011

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011, Jacob Tennant wrote:

>    I am using a KPC-2 TNC...

> to transmit the TNC responds EH ? I did get a few message packets to go out
> but had to click the ³Kick the timer² button repeatedly but only a few of
> them got out without the EH ? showing up.

Changes were just made to the sources tonight to allow entering a custom string (up to 10 characters) on a per-TNC basis, for kicking the TNC into converse mode.

The default for the field is 'k', but a KPC-2 requires "conv" instead.  You'll find that new field on the interface properties dialog for any serial TNC.  Unfortunately that field also displays on the KISS and MKISS TNC's dialogs, but it just gets ignored for those interface types.

So...  Update from CVS, recompile/install, and give that a shot.  If you mess up the field you can just clear it out, kill/restart Xastir, and it will have a 'k' in that field again.  That suffices for most TNC's.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer