[Xastir] Logging (File menu)

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:28:12 EDT 2011

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011, Lasse / LA5PPA wrote:

> TNC/Net/IGate/Message Logging
>
> Is it possible to extend the loggin to more than 4 files of 2MB size?
> I do have som gig of freespace and want to store more data before it
> automatically overwrite.

Sure!  Hopefully you've compiled from sources...

Edit xastir/src/util.c:log_data().  Look for "rotate_file(file,3);" and change that 3 to a larger number.

It looks like loading weather alerts during startup only accounts for four files, so any files with .4 or higher number won't get loaded.  To tweak that look at "load_wx_alerts_from_log()" in the same file.  I would think you could skip that part though as you probably wouldn't want weather alerts older than that loaded anyway.

When done, "make && sudo make install && sudo chmod 4755 /usr/local/bin/xastir" and you're done.  Kill/restart Xastir of course to get the new one running.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Device Capabilities:  http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_device_capabilities.html