[Xastir] GeoPDF

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Sep 5 16:16:29 EDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 01:08:47PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Mon, 5 Sep 2011, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > This is better than just generating an FGD for the thing, because it'll mean
> > less work (and therefore faster map loads) for Xastir every time you display
> > it.
>
> Sweet...  Thanks Tom!

Sigh... don't thank me yet, and don't bother using the script yet.  Somehow
the final step is producing a tiff file that gets a complaint from Xastir
about the compression not supporting random access, even though I'm using
PACKBITS exactly the same as USGS GeoTiffs use.  Got some more work to do.

Could just turn off compression, but that seems such a waste.

 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey