[Xastir] Device closing on failure

Steve Huston huston at srhuston.net
Thu Sep 29 19:35:48 EDT 2011

On 9/29/11 7:25 PM, John Ronan wrote:
> When I get back I'll see if I made any notes. I have the configuration for the vantage vue to give you anyways. If I get ssh access somewhere I'll send it on.

Thanks, but I got it; for a TNC-X:
cat /etc/udev/rules.d/tnc-x.rules
KERNEL=="ttyUSB*", SYSFS{product}=="TNC-X", SYMLINK+="TNC-X",
GROUP="uucp", MODE="0660"

Set Xastir to use /dev/TNC-X for the device, and it doesn't care about
unplugs anymore.  Well, it does, but I can restart the device without
changing it first.  Is Xastir supposed to auto-restart the device after
a while, because it didn't, but I may not have waited long enough.

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285