[Xastir] xastir gentoo ebuild without OSM?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 13:19:57 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012, Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012, Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski wrote:
>
>> hello. i've noticed xastir gentoo ebuild lacks OSM support.
>
> just for notepad - after reindex , it still hangs.
> after rebuilding of libpng, imagemagick and xastir - segfaults :)
>
> it seems it's some imagemagic/png mess
> i.e. no idea why after rebuild of imagemagic xastir still tries to use
> /lib/libMagickCore.so.4 :/

Sorry, I don't run gentoo, but if Xastir is segfaulting it's most often because one of the libraries is segfaulting.  This will take the whole app down.

If it is happening during the indexing, you may have some Shapefile maps that are corrupt, or any other format for that matter (I've seen it often with corrupt Shapefile sets).

Isolate your maps into different subdirectories and set permissions on those subdirectories to 000 one by one to isolate which group of maps or which map types are triggering the problem.  After you figure that out you can see if it's the map library or particular maps that are giving you the headaches.  That's how I'd go about it anyway.  You can also run Xastir like this:

     (xastir -v 4095 2>&1) >xastir.debug.txt

Which will capture the output and perhaps tell you which files or libraries it is crashing on.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS:  Where it's at!        http://www.xastir.org