[Xastir] Garmin IMG support?

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Wed Aug 8 18:55:43 EDT 2012

On 7.8.2012 18:11, Tom Russo wrote:
> None of the open source libraries I know of support garmin img format.  The
> only program I know of that *produce* garmin img format data is "cGPSmapper"
> (http://www.cgpsmapper.com/) which is not free, and which is actually
> extremely expensive for the fully featured version.

The maps I were referring to were indeed produced with cgpsmapper, the
free version. There is other software available for generating Garmin
format img files as well, for example mkgmap is a side-effect of the
openstreetmap effort: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap

I guess the better alternative in the long run anyway is to use
shapefiles and dbfawk. Maybe I get the inspiration to look more into it,
some day..

   Tapio