[Xastir] Davis, Lacrosse weather code modified, need testers.

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Aug 19 13:36:17 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 07:56:01AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <warpedspeed1 at yahoo.com> flavor, containing:
> OK did the update and installed.? We might get some rain later today, so we might have results by tomorrow.
>
> I installed the latest just over an hour ago, and I see that Xastir is still showing the Total Rain field as empty at this point.?Prior to this AM, there would have been a number there by now, so we will see what we get.?

There will be no update to Total Rain, it will remain blank.  The Davis/Meteo
"db2APRS" program does not in fact tell Xastir what the Total Rain is, it only
reports the 24-hour, 1-hour, and since-midnight rates.  Xastir had previously
been putting the 24-hour data into the Total Rain value, but that was wrong.
There is no code in Xastir to recover Total Rain from any of the rates, only
to compute rates from total rain.

To get Total Rain right would require modification of the db2aprs program to
output that data (it *is* stored in the Meteo database, just not reported
by db2aprs), and a change to the Davis/Meteo code in Xastir to read it.